Shoulder pain is common with swimmers. When you swim, you use many muscle groups, some which are highly dependent on the shoulder for coordinated function.
Numerous muscles are all working simultaneously to stabilize the shoulder.
Naturally, the repetitive motion of swimming can tire out muscles which can
lead to pain, inflammation and a possible injury, known as Swimmer’s
Call TheraSport Physical Therapy today to find out how we can help you a
create a comprehensive program to develop strength, endurance, and
flexibility so you can swim conditioned without fatigue or injury.
TSPT and other local businesses had a wonderful turnout for the Fun Fit Challenge. The challenge took place along the bike path in Merchantville, New Jersey.
Contact TSPT today to find out how we can help you achieve your fitness
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, NJ
14 Parke Place Blvd. #D
Sewell, NJ 08080
30 W. Maple Ave.
Merchantville, NJ 08109
Summer exercise is great, but some days the conditions may not be ideal. The sweltering sun, high humidity, and blazing hot temperatures are all factors you must consider with your summer exercise routine. You can learn tips to enhance your exercise routine this summer, without compromising your health.
• Time your exercises around the hottest points of the day. Beat the heat.
• Take breaks and rest in shaded areas. If you are doing cardio, remember to take in account the levels of heat and stress on your body.
• Protect your skin from over exposure of UV rays. Use a sunblock when exercising outside. Make sure you reapply when necessary.
• Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water before and after your exercise routine.
• Make sure you eat well. You need to have a well rounded diet to perform your best, especially in harsh weather conditions.
• Be mindful of how long you are exposed to the heat. It takes very little time in the sun for our bodies to get overheated. So manage your exercise time properly.
• During the hottest exercise days, consider wearing loose, and UV protective clothing. You want your clothes to breathe to ensure you won’t overheat.